Yeah, I totally feel it too. It’s the earlier days of boating season here in South Florida, and I already ordered a new bathing suit and it should be at my door any day now. It’s spring break week right now and in just a few months summer vacations are coming! I don’t care so much about getting “bikini ready” anymore as I do about just getting to a place where I am not constantly self conscious on vacation. Or hiding from the photos. That’s no fun. That’s no way to live. If you’re like me, you might be feeling the pressure starting right about now and you might be looking back at the resolutions you didn’t exactly stick to the way you wanted to and you might be thinking about what you should do RIGHT NOW to help you get back on track. I figured I’d share my top five tips on how to get the BEST possible results from working with a coach like me!
1. You’ve Gotta Want To Drink | Not literally. I mean, yeah drinking water is important. But what I really mean is that I can lead you to the water, but you’ve got to drink it. I can’t help anyone who isn’t ready to put in the effort themselves. I can’t want it for you. I can’t come into your home and do your push ups for you either. And the same was true for me! It wasn’t until I had a really solid “why” that I saw lasting change. I had to want it more than I wanted an extra half hour of sleep. Or more than I wanted french fries. WHY-power can make incredible things happen but it has to begin inside YOU! Why do you wanna change? Is it self confidence? Is it health? Is it energy? What is driving you?
2. You’ve Gotta Have The Tools |Why do new years resolutions fail? Why do most people buy gym memberships and stop using them after the first month? Because we need somthing so simple and easy to follow that we can’t come up with excuses as to why we should skip it. It needs to be short but effective because most of us are busy. It needs to work. It needs to be something we can keep up and make into a lifestyle instead of a crash diet that crashes and burns. That’s what my program with Beachbody is. It’s half hour workouts. It’s no-deprivation mealplans. It’s so simple that you can’t come up with a legitimate reaason why you can’t keep it up. Really! I mean look at you right now, you’re here reading this? By the time you’re done reading this blog post and finish the rest of your social media scrolling you could have finished your workout for the day. Just saying. 😉
3. You’ve Gotta Have Support | This one is so important! A fitness transformation is more than just your body. It’s mental and emotional! You’ve got to work on the inside too. And trying to do all of that on your own can be really difficult. You need a support system who believe in you who tell you to get off the sofa and do your workout for the day. People who encourage you when you’re feeling frustrated and who celebrate with you when you have a victory! That’s exactly what I’ve built in my virtual Challenge Groups! That’s why I now run 1 each month for people who want to commit to healthy changes and want a community of awesome people doing it alongside them! But even if you aren’t in one of my challenges (um… why are you not in one of my challenges?) find a workout buddy that has similar goals and keep each other motivated!
4. You’ve Gotta Remember: Progress Over Perfection | If you are ready to have a real, lasting transformation then adopt this mantra: “Progress Over Perfection”. This is a journey and journeys have ups and downs. You live in the real world where schedules get packed and healthy snacks run out and you get PMS. 😉 So if you do slip up, or allow yourself a cheat or a day off, or if you only lose 3 pounds instead of 5 remember, progress over perfection! Just keep making progress and let go of trying to do everything perfectly. It’s better, I promise.
5. You’ve Gotta Do The Work | This one might seem silly but I have so many people contact me looking for a magic fix. The truth is, there isn’t one. Wraps, pills, supplements, crash diets… they all are only band-aids. To have a real transformation you’ve gotta fix the problem underneath. That means you have to change your habits and mindset and you’ve gotta put in the work. Not a ton of work, but consistent work. In my challenges, my challengers commit to half hour workouts each day. It’s nothing crazy, but it’s consistent. Do the work, and have a long term vision. No crash diets. Healthy lifestyle changes. You got this!
Here’s some real before and after photos submitted to me by some of my past challengers who had killer transformations because they utilized the tips above! Shoot me an email if you’re curious about what programs each of these beautiful souls used! If you’re interested in jumping in and having me coach you through a month long fitness challenge, get all the info here and then reach out to me and I’ll get you plugged in with us for April!